Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JustAnotherGuy

Underhell Montage (Help Required)

6 posts in this topic

Hey there, i'm JustAnotherGuy and i'm working on an Underhell montage. I need everyone's help, though. Not necessarily with making the montage, but with getting the best footage out of the clips.

So I was wondering, does anyone have any suggestions? I also wanted to ask about Jake's "NPC" and how or if I could spawn him using the developer's console with different clothes. For example: his SWAT suit. 

Oh, and is there some sort of way to "pose" characters using different scenes/animations?

Thanks in advance! Help would be greatly appreciated. :D

I also wanted to ask about Jake's "NPC" and how or if I could spawn him using the developer's console with different clothes. For example: his SWAT suit. 

If you mean changing his playermodel, these are the available commands for him:

ent_fire !self setplayermodel models/player/jake_casual.mdl

ent_fire !self setplayermodel models/player/jake_inmate.mdl

ent_fire !self setplayermodel models/player/jake_guard.mdl

ent_fire !self setplayermodel models/player/jake_pmc.mdl

(Information taken from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/underhell/tutorials/how-to-play-underhell-coop-unofficial-version )

Note: I'm pretty sure it doesn't use the playermodel you currently have in cutscenes. You only see yourself with whatever playermodel you have in a mirror)

@JustAnotherGuy,
AFAIK, source engine, from SDK 2007, can export to tga (raw), jpg and AVI (only DIVX, but it doesn't work for me). Is that correct?

I created batch script which uses ffmpeg and mp4box. It converts on the fly all RAW data (tga files) to video files, chunks. Every 150 tga, that is 5 seconds (or 6 seconds, depends on framerate), it converts to video mp4 file (x264, CRF=10), then those 150 files are immediately deleted. So, instead of 5400 tga files (total 13.7GB), I have 36 mp4 files (total 1.63GB). At the end, video files are merged into one big video file with audio. (I can share that batch script if you want)

Are you using built-in "startmovie"?

About "Demo smoother". It requires a lots of work. Key frames, splines, and a lot of mouse clicking. Do you use built-in smoother? Or maybe you are using third party tool?

I stared learning this build-in "camera path smoother" few days ago. Result:

(unfortunately, I'm not an artist)

@JustAnotherGuy,

AFAIK, source engine, from SDK 2007, can export to tga (raw), jpg and AVI (only DIVX, but it doesn't work for me). Is that correct?

I created batch script which uses ffmpeg and mp4box. It converts on the fly all RAW data (tga files) to video files, chunks. Every 150 tga, that is 5 seconds (or 6 seconds, depends on framerate), it converts to video mp4 file (x264, CRF=10), then those 150 files are immediately deleted. So, instead of 5400 tga files (total 13.7GB), I have 36 mp4 files (total 1.63GB). At the end, video files are merged into one big video file with audio. (I can share that batch script if you want)

Are you using built-in "startmovie"?

About "Demo smoother". It requires a lots of work. Key frames, splines, and a lot of mouse clicking. Do you use built-in smoother? Or maybe you are using third party tool?

I stared learning this build-in "camera path smoother" few days ago. Result:

(unfortunately, I'm not an artist)

Hey mgr.inz.Player, could you add me on Steam? I need to ask you something. http://steamcommunity.com/id/DuneJumper/