Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krimzon

Game doesn't work

4 posts in this topic

After hours of getting an error message saying surfaceproperties_ep2.txt is missing, trying to find ways around it only to get missing textures and wanting to rip out my hair I decided to check out these boards.

I'm appauld that there is lierally NO support from admins on this issue to their game, no replies

Just members on here saying one crazy fix after another that doesn't work.

Really guys? You can't even fix your own game, why would I want to support your upcoming projects? Me and my steam group will NOT be playing your future projects when you can't even manage ONE game.

We Creatue Stuff? More like We Create Stuff (That Doesn't Work)

Don't even want to play this game anymore, you guys are just too unprefessional.

Good luck with your other projects (you're going to need it).

Maybe because the game was made a long time ago? They DO still check back, just every once in a while. Everyone on this forum really only goes to the Underhell section now, since that is the latest game they've made(and it DOES work currently). 

Try this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3145777

(AND READ IT ALL THE WAY)

After hours of getting an error message saying surfaceproperties_ep2.txt is missing, trying to find ways around it only to get missing textures and wanting to rip out my hair I decided to check out these boards.

I'm appauld that there is lierally NO support from admins on this issue to their game, no replies

Just members on here saying one crazy fix after another that doesn't work.

Really guys? You can't even fix your own game, why would I want to support your upcoming projects? Me and my steam group will NOT be playing your future projects when you can't even manage ONE game.

We Creatue Stuff? More like We Create Stuff (That Doesn't Work)

Don't even want to play this game anymore, you guys are just too unprefessional.

Good luck with your other projects (you're going to need it).

The problem that you are experiencing is because of Valves steampipe update a while ago.
Resources needed by this mod are now embedded in VPK-files and the mod can´t read those, thats why you get the error: surfaceproperties_ep2.txt is missing and missing textures in game.
There are working workarounds for those problems, you can find them here:

Scroll down on that page until you find "Fix/workaround: #3" and read that one.
Both me and friends have tested this fix with and without any of the half life 2 games, everyone that I know can confirm that my fixes do work for them aswell.