Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jblanc03

MultiCore Rendering option No Drop Down!

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just now installed this game and in the options menu, Under video/advanced, the "Multicore Rendering" option does not bring up a pull-down menu when i click on it.  

It's BLANK!

I need this turned on in order to give me maximum frame rates.

Before you ask, Here are my Specs:

CPU i73960x

GPU: 3X GTX 680 Classifieds 4GB

HDD: SSD

Audio:  Sound Blaster Titanium HD

Memory: 24gb

I play the game on MAXIMUM Graphics Settings.

My system is way overkill for this game and my frame rates suffer because i cant turn on Multi Core Threading in game.

I have tried to run the game with 1 CPU enabled in taskmanager and all 6 enabled and it did not improve the frame rate in certain areas.

I downloaded Underhell Version 1_1.2

Dont know if thats the latest.  Is there a way i can enable it via a config file?

PLEASE HELP as the frame rate issues make me not want to play

It seems like you're new here... and you didn't read the news on Mod DB.

The thing is, the current engine that Underhell uses (Source 2007) doesn't support Multicore Rendering. That's why there's no option for enabling it.

Right now, Steam-version of Underhell is being made. It includes porting to Source 2013 which actually HAS the Multicore Rendering. So, all you can do is wait.

And waiting...waiting is hard.

If you want an estimated release date, then I have this: Underhell with the new engine will be released in September 2015. Of course, this likely won't be its actual release date; the range of likely dates is considerable.

The thing is, the current engine that Underhell uses (Source 2007) doesn't support Multicore Rendering. That's why there's no option for enabling it.

Right now, Steam-version of Underhell is being made. It includes porting to Source 2013 which actually HAS the Multicore Rendering. So, all you can do is wait.

What if i installed and played this game on WindowsXP 32bit instead.  Would that make a difference?  I cant stand it when my FPS cuts in half for no reason.  There has to be a way to stop it

What if i installed and played this game on WindowsXP 32bit instead.  Would that make a difference?  I cant stand it when my FPS cuts in half for no reason.  There has to be a way to stop it

There's nothing you can do, that's the engine's problem which uses only one CPU core... I have problems with the performance too, but they are bearable...