Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
urcousinvinnie5

Underhell: The Graphic Novelization

5 posts in this topic

I really loved the idea for an Underhell web comic. Many video game developers have created comics to better tell the story or as a spin-off to a certain character. It sounds like something WCS can create. We've created flash games before, why not experiment in literature. The real problem is finding an illustrator for the comic if this actually does become a thing.

I love the idea, but as you said, finding a good dedicated artist willing to put so much time into it is a problem.

I recently saw the fan art posted on Underhell's Facebook page. There's no harm in at least ASKING the guy. Another thing which isn't too much of a problem but still up for discussion. The game has multiple choices changing the outcome. While the choices don't entirely change the story and the outcome is mostly the same, we would have to chose which choice would be considered canon. For example, when Jake goes to the prison cafeteria. He can either go back to his cell and be ambushed by Tyrone (Which in itself ALSO has two outcomes, Jake wins the fight or he gets wounded) or he could wait in the cafeteria and be sent back to his cell because of Tyrone. Also, we could have our own take on cinematic points in the game. For me, when I was fighting Marcus, I thought it would be cool to dodge his attacks and cut his head off with an axe. Something like that would be pretty cool in the comic when Jake runs out of ammo.

Nah, it's no easier than doing it the traditional way. You would have to port all of the maps to Gmod as well as the characters, props, and textures. Making it in garry's mod seems a little cheap, I say we should do it the traditional way. The guy who created concerned was making a satire comic. I'm expecting this comic to stay true to the game it's based on.