citricsquid

Level help :)

137 posts in this topic

We are about to make a walkthrough post soon. But since you did the whole process of registering:

lvl6.jpg

Remember you can control which portal to open using Q and E, and removing them both with R.

Good luck :)

--

Edit: This theard is now official. Request help here :)

pierrecool, it's a bug, try restarting the level, if it won't work close the game window and then reopen it and select the level from "select level" on the main menu.

it took me about 2 hours 8)

thanks Hen7,

but i think i did press the g button then the energy ball start moving again??? O.O

:ayeaye::ayeaye: nice game...

ps: why must eat the cake at last??? :ftwtf:

To whoever asked for level 15 -

-First place a portal behind you, above the door. (yellow)

-Next place one on the floor, on the same level as the barrier. (blue)

-Jump down and LAND IN the (blue) portal, so you fly across from above the door, to near the electric floor.

-Next place the BLUE portal directly under you (by pressing Q, just incase you didn't know). You should fall into it, and appear on the left where you started.

-Place the YELLOW portal (by pressing E) where you placed the blue portal in my second point.

-This bit takes timing. Jump into the YELLOW portal, and you will be shot up out of the blue one with enough air to land the electric platform, of course, don't land when the electricity is on!

Enjoy :)

Keep up the good work WCS, an official guide would be much appreciated :eyes:

There's an easier method:

1. Place two portals below where you start out: one as close to the barrier as possible, the other nearer the ledge you're standing on. Jump into the portal closest to you and you'll start doing a "portal trampoline", as it were, similar to Ido's image above. :)

2. Whichever color portal is closest to the starting ledge, get ready to place another portal of that color. If it's blue, for instance, hands on the Q key.

3. At the apex of your trampoline jump above the portal closest to the barrier, activate a new portal on the ledge just below the energy beams. If done correctly, you'll still be doing the portal trampoline, but you'll transfer one side of that trampoline to the energy beam ledge.

4. Time your move carefully so that you're jumping out of the portal closest to the energy beam when it shuts off, then simply move to your right and quickly jump to the exit.

Easy. :)

For me, this is easier:

level23.png

A. Blue portal here.

B. Wait until the new orb spawns (because it's destruction seems to be timed, so a "fresh" orb will last longer), then create the yellow portal.

C. As soon as the orb goes through, create the yellow portal at this point, and drop through to the red platform. Stay on the platform, and then just wait for things to fall in place.

da5thchilipepper said:

This is probably going to be really obvious but can someone please help me on 28

level28.png

1. While standing on first red platform at (2), when the door opens, shoot a blue portal at this point. Spawn yellow portal anywhere else -> go through.

2. Take the box from (1), set it on the platform here.

3. Stand on this platrofm to open the main door.

4. Shoot a blue portal here, spawn the yellow anywhere else and go through.

5. Shoot a yellow portal here, go through the blue at (4).

6. Same instructions as in (5).

7. Jump over the red beam to this spot.

8. From (7) shoot blue portal here.

9. From (7) shoot yellow portal at the ground where the crate resides.

Place the second crate that just poped out of (8.) on the last red platform at (3), then just jump over the gap to reach the exit.

@ criticsquid

You should really edit your first post on this page. That oversized screenshot really burns my eyes 8)
Of course, it's just a suggestion :)

Lvl 35 is about timing. I can answer that since I spent long enough figuring it out, but I wanted to ask about lvl 36 first

Lvl 36. I got the ball in the slot, which slid the door down. I tried to get a single box in there, just basic portal through the tunnel and then create a portal under a box. It seems to overshoot. I haven't gotten past that, but any info about that and further would be nice.

Lvl 35 is about timing, like I said, and requires a little setup and an idea of which buttons open which door. I did it by setting up my first portal right next to the one that opens the first door and my second one above the top left buttons . Wait for the energy ball to respawn and go through the first door. Jump through onto the second panel and then you can jump to the third one from there. The trick is with the last two. If you've set up the portals in the correct order then, you can put a portal next to the third one and go back to the top left, hit the fourth button and quickly tele to the top right and finish.

I figured out all of level 28, except how to get a cube onto the first red platform (labeled 2. in Milo's post). The right-hand platform is easy because you can drop the cube from the ceiling above it, but that doesn't work with the first platform. I've tried popping it out of the front wall at different heights, but nothing works.

fatstuff said:

Well thanks to the console codes I was able to skip it but I still want to know, how do you beat level 35?

level35.png

Letters show the relationships between the 5 gates and the corresponding platform switches that open them.

1. Shoot blue portal here.

2. Step on to platform A (this will open gate A), and shoot yellow portal at this point. Then wait for a freshly spawned orb (because you need it to last as long as possible), when the new orb passes gate A, drop down into the yellow portal you just made. This will land you on platform B, which will now open gate B, and allow the orb to pass further.

3. Shoot blue portal here (ideally you want to be able to drop directly down to platform C). As soon as the orb passes gate B you should step off platform B.

4. Shoot yellow portal on the floor at this point. After you pop out of 3 (if you didn't land on it already) step on platform C.

5. As soon as the orb passes gate C, step off platform C, and shoot blue portal at this point. Then shoot yellow portal directly at the ground below you, so that you could drop out of 5. Then step on platform D.

6. As soon as the orb passes gate D, step off platform D, and shoot blue portal at this point.

7. Shoot orange portal at the floor here (just like in 4), so you could drop down and pop out of 6. This should get you right on platform E. Then gate E opens, of course, and so should the gate blocking the exit once the orb reaches it's target.

Now, this will most likely take you a few tries, but as loganic already said: "It's all about timing" -> or to be more precise: It's all about *quick* timing. You need to be somewhat faster for this one to work out, but it's not that hard.

molihua said:

I figured out all of level 28, except how to get a cube onto the first red platform (labeled 2. in Milo's post). The right-hand platform is easy because you can drop the cube from the ceiling above it, but that doesn't work with the first platform. I've tried popping it out of the front wall at different heights, but nothing works.

Just drop down and carry the cube to the platform. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem? If I am, just give me more detail and I'll try to help.