muffinmonkey said:

Help with level 32

I've been stuck on it for days

the plasma ball explodes before it reaches the holder

edit: I've just tried it again and it reaches now
how odd
also
hurrah

It's actually quite possible, but not for days - there was an update I sent and left the ball life time as 10 seconds instead of 20 by a mistake, but then immediately fixed that issue :)

Note - this is just my way of doing it.

portal1.jpg

portal2.jpg

portal3.jpg

portal4.jpg

portal5.jpg

I forgot to get a picture of the end but I'll explain it.

From the instructions left in picture 5, the ball should be done now, and the door to the exit unlocked.

Teleport to the side, by where the ball had to be placed. Place one portal on the wall, right next to the word "BE" in the fifth picture, then one on the floor. Jump into the floor one, and you should fly towards the exit. Enjoy.

:D thanks, just put it together then. I'm sure there's loads of looped imaged you could make with the portals, it was all I could think of at the time though ^^

Hello guys,

For months I've been dying to buy the REAL Portal (3D) for Xbox, but failed to buy it in time as it was sold out. I loved the original trailer. I waited for some time, then you guys show up and make a 2D version of it, and I have to say it is awesome aside from the glitches. It just feels like the 3D version, and I'd give it 9.5/10 for now.

Without any help I got to level 32 in only 30 mins but I got a stuck and registered to this forum. Now I am still stuck even reading the walkthrough above for 32. How the heck do you beat level 32? the narrow walls prevent you from jumping from on side to the other and fall down to that button.

I want a more detailed explaination with numbered text instructions if you don't mind :) For now after about 35 mins of playing this game I'll give up level 32 and wait until tomorrow. This game is AWESOME!!!

Eleven things I would like to point out though...

1. When you press "f" and hold the stationary turrets, and portal some places and when the turret thing goes to firing mode, the bullets don't go through the portal.

2. You can use the "steping-stone" method for some places, since you can stay in the portal.

3. You can't throw objects by pressing "f".

4. I can't find the console menu, even changing it in settings.

5. I can't find the health bar of how many shots I can take before the turret kills me.

6. What the heck does the mirror do? Is it just an object for you to stand? It helped me back in level 15 or something.

7. Is it meant for turrets to be light enough to not press the buttons? They got a heck a lot bullets.

8. I love the red plasma beams, they vaporize you, but one thing strange not the turrets or blocks.

9. I loved the level with all the turrets and the pit, I just pushed them all off without the use of the cube. Why was the cube even there? Was is just to explain if you throw a cube into a pit another one will show up? Anyways it was too easy portalling away and pushing the turrets into darkness.

10. This game needs fire and other obstacles, which was in the original 3D version. You would have to portal your way to the fire extinguisher and save yourself from dying... I just made that up. Like the other guy said, 80+ levels would make this game the KING of modern puzzle games.

11. Final thought, this game is funny in the laws of gravity. A falling cube will not kill you from high heights and fast speeds, and THE PLAYER himself does not die falling off the ledge and hitting the ground. (Not the portal of course as it is used to gain momentum).

I've tried funny things around every level of "the opportunity to do stupid things were presented". :)

(for example: making two portals and making "objects" fall on my head, spinning the turret and jumping on the energy ball to become vaporized, playing ping pong using a cube and the energy ball against the wall while dodging it if it explodes, falling into the infinity portal of floor and ceiling and turning them off to hit the ground, running through red plama fields, jumping into the spikes, playing football with turrets they sting you with blood, playing soccer with energy balls but it didn't last very long, discovering black pits which only lead to deaths, and the list is endless. I love this game!! Keep up the great work!!!

From,

EliteGamersUnit.

Without any help I got to level 32 in only 30 mins but I got a stuck and registered to this forum. Now I am still stuck even reading the walkthrough above for 32. How the heck do you beat level 32? the narrow walls prevent you from jumping from on side to the other and fall down to that button.

They don't actually stop you - they make it slightly more difficult. I find a small delay in the middle of the jump helps. Besides that, any other problems with that level?

Or, you could get up near the top button, place a portal on the wall on right hand side of the "narrow jump" and the other near the bottom button, jump into the bottom one and you will shoot into the "narrow jump" bit. Of course this means you can have no other portals open at that time.

loganic said:

Lvl 36. I got the ball in the slot, which slid the door down. I tried to get a single box in there, just basic portal through the tunnel and then create a portal under a box. It seems to overshoot. I haven't gotten past that, but any info about that and further would be nice.

so any help with 36?

i cant do lvl 30, im at the end, but you need to hold the switch to open the final door...

i probrably need to get the cube there, but how?

if its somthing else, then say what else! :cheese:

Yoyie, screenshot of where you are so far in the level, if need be, i'll make a whole level guide, but if you're already near the end ill just show you the part you need.

citricsquid said:

Yoyie, screenshot of where you are so far in the level, if need be, i'll make a whole level guide, but if you're already near the end ill just show you the part you need.

i am on it posting and after posting making!:D

yoyie said:

lol sorry, but ive complleted it...

im stuck on 32 now, i dont understand anything about it... :mad:
guide plz?

Its simple, its pulling it off which is really hard.

Step 1 ::

Get the orb to the Red spot. Like so ::

level32step1.gif

level32step2.gif

level32step3.gif

level32step4.gif

Might not understand that, ill record a video later :)

Lol I spoke too soon, I figured it out myself. Without understanding your walkthrough :). I'll show you what I did later, and now I am "stuck" on level 37... this without-help deal is really challenging.

TheBrainiac ::

You need to put a portal opposite the door which is down, so that the gold energy ball becomes opposite it, then stand on the button to raise the door so that the energy ball goes through and lets you complete the level :)

On lv13, you have to make a portal in the ceiling, then one below your feet so that you start falling in a continuous loop. Then at the right moment, timed according to the cycle of the electrical field, you have to create an exit portal in the wall on the left at a height that will send you across the room in the field area. you will then have to jump as soon as your feet hit the floor inside the (inactive) field area. This conserves your momentum. It took me a few tries to get the timing right.

ps. Is it just me, or do the subjects of posts not show up on this format?

SaintStudios said:

Yo, i'm kinda stuck on level 34. I can't seem to understand how to get to the door while standing on the button closest to it.

Its pretty easy, if this Screenshot doesn't explain, ill make a more detailed one :)

level341.gif

citricsquid said:

SaintStudios said:

Yo, i'm kinda stuck on level 34. I can't seem to understand how to get to the door while standing on the button closest to it.

Its pretty easy, if this Screenshot doesn't explain, ill make a more detailed one :)

level341.gif

Errm, sorry, I didn't quite understand that. Could you make a more detailed one please? If it isn't too much trouble, of course.