NecroSen

Level 38 glitched or intentional?

7 posts in this topic

This image shows two glitches in level 38:

portal01.jpg

First, the orange portal shows that a portal can be used to return to the sub-room I am currently standing in, and can be created from the sub-room to my right (where the third box is).

Second, the blue portal was created from where I'm standing, as well.

Using both of these, I was able to obtain the third box in the room directly to the right of where I'm standing and activate all three switches on the ground level without using any of the upper half of the level.

I think if you want to make the time you spent on this level worthwhile, you'd better change something. :)

Nice find. I'll add a portal proof floor and move the box a little so you can't cheat that way.

Thank you for reporting :)

Turns out the same thing happens on that level in all other instances of those hole-in-the-wall portions. I can see what's happening:

- Walls that are supposed to be simply holes without the ability to place a portal have that ability; and

- The arc for shooting a portal through a hole is much wider on this level than on others.

It's a more broad glitch for the level in general, not just in the places I mentioned.

Here:

lvl38fix.jpg

It will come with ver 1.0.1, together with other bugs fixed :wink2:

NecroSen said:

Turns out the same thing happens on that level in all other instances of those hole-in-the-wall portions. I can see what's happening:

- Walls that are supposed to be simply holes without the ability to place a portal have that ability; and

- The arc for shooting a portal through a hole is much wider on this level than on others.

It's a more broad glitch for the level in general, not just in the places I mentioned.

You are correct. I had to make them wider so it won't be frustrating to shot through, but perhaps they can be optimized more, I'll test some it out.

Not the same bug, but I was poking around after I beat the game since I was wondering about 38 since I beat it and ignored the top half...

hopefully this shows what I did - http://www.easyscreens.info/?v=845

you just get the one crate and bring it right back down

you shoot 1, then 2 to get up there, switch 1 to 3, shoot 4, go get crate, bring it back 4->3, swap 4 for 5 and go 3->5 and you're back on the bottom

u2.jpg

note: I didn't use any commands and I origanally closed all portals

I jumped over the hole (left over to the right) to get the portal down there but missed so I jumped back over and got it

to make this level harder you should extend the portal proof floor to the level 38 sign, so people actually have to go through the whole thing to complete this level