Ido

FAQ

28 posts in this topic

Some questions around here are being asked more than once in different threads, so I thought I'd make a quick FAQ to collect them all in one thread.

- How d'ya solve level #?

Check out the level help and walkthrough threads.

- Portal concept?

Yes, this game is based on Valve's Portal, we never denied it and as loyal Valve fanboys we respect and love Valve.

- What commands can I execute in the console?

Check out console commands thread.

- Can I host Portal TFV on my website?

Yes, you can, but please keep the original SWF file and credits.

- Where can I download an offline version of Portal TFV?

We do not offer an official offline version, that's not our field, sorry!

- Portal TFV 2? Level editor?

Officially we haven't said anything about those yet, except originally we had plans to include a level editor in the published version.

- The console won't show up even when it's enabled and I press ~, why?

We were informed that with UK keyboards the key is '@', it may work.

German keyboards:

DantE said:

on a german keyboard layout you need too push "?" for console.

- Will the game save my progress if I quit?

Yes. The game automatically saves your latest level after you finish one. The game also saves your options. One thing you should keep in mind, it saves it only in the same website - if you play at WCS and then check your progress at NG, it won't be the same.

- Controlz?

Left mouse button - launch a portal.

A W D - movement

Q - launch a blue portal.

E - launch a yellow portal.

R - Close both portals.

F - pick up an object.

~ - open up console (enable through the options)

O - quick quality adjust.

Esc/P - pause game.

I'll update this FAQ if I see any more of these questions. Open for suggestions :)

Maybe have a list of glitches that are known about, so multiple posts aren't made. As when this forum becomes popular, as it is doing rapidly at the moment, it will be hard to find specific threads. So yeah, a list of glitches that are known about would be good, me thinks :)

citricsquid said:

Maybe have a list of glitches that are known about, so multiple posts aren't made. As when this forum becomes popular, as it is doing rapidly at the moment, it will be hard to find specific threads. So yeah, a list of glitches that are known about would be good, me thinks :)

That's a good idea. I will try making one soon.

guitarlesson said:

I cannot open the console. My keyboard is US English. Another big difference... I'm running it on a Mac, but that shouldn't matter, should it?

...You have it turned on right?

okay, this is a faq thread, so i'll ask one more question:

you said i could host this game on my website, but how am i supposed to do that??

thanks in advance

Nyubis said:

you said i could host this game on my website, but how am i supposed to do that??

Here's the direct link to the flash file (that can be found in the source code of the page):

http://portal.wecrea....com/Portal.swf

Just right click on the link and choose whatever option there may be that reminds you of downloading/saving a file from a link.
Otherwise you can click on it to play portal in full HD before you save it by choosing "save page as" in "archive" in the browser's menu.
Or something like that.

When the flash (.swf) file is on your PC, all you have to do is to upload it to (almost) wherever you my want to upload it.

I can't seem to get it onto my website for the love of me. I've tried php, swf, css, html, etc.

Nothing appears after I upload the source code onto freewebs. the box and the links and text are there, but the game doesn't appear.

Man I had problems finding the button for getting the console up. I'm from Finland, so I have a Fin/Swe layout.

The button you have to press is the letter "

Well, I don't think this is a bot... Welcome to the forums.

Nice bump I just made, eh?

That was that person's only post. Weird.

NeatNit said:

Nice bump I just made, eh?

That was that person's only post. Weird.

Yes, nice bump. BUT A VERY IMPORTANT ONE INDEED!!!
YOU HAVE JUST AWAKENED THE MOST RELEVANT ISSUE WE CREATE STUFF HAS EVER FACED. WE MUST INVESTIGATE THIS USER.
WHY DOES HE/SHE ONLY HAVE ONE POST. WHAT MADE HIM/HER PLAY PORTAL. WHY IS HE/SHE SWEDISH. HOW BIG IS HIS/HER PENIS.
PLEASE RESPOND WITH EXTREME CAUTIOUS.

Thanks, Nit.