Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
urcousinvinnie5

The Future Features of Underhell

2 posts in this topic

With the steam version to come out eventually, there are a lot of cool things I and a lot of others would like to see from MXthe's time on insurgency. I tried talking with MXThe about this on steam but you can't message people on steam if they're not your friend. So i sent him an FR and he denied it since he doesn't know me. So i thought i'd deposit my two-cents here on the forums. Alright enough chit-chat, let's get into it.

1.Insurgency's weapon sway: I liked how you had free-aim to replace inflating crosshairs in Underhell but the movement for free-aim was kind of stiff and jerky in my opinion. I was thinking MXThe could add insurgency's smooth side-to-side weapon sway.

2. Better gore: This has been brought up before but I imagine a gore system similar to Contagion. Where combined with dismemberment and decapitations you can chip off bits of flesh from an NPC's legs, arms and torso. It would also be cool to see more meat chunks from decapitations rather than the blood stream we have now.

3. Blood pools: Black Mesa-esque blood pools.

4. I've seen this has been brought up in another thread, but still worth a mention. Safe room characters that follow you: Rather than have everyone stand around like a bunch of lazy asses, if a guard isn't busy he'll follow you out into the danger zone. For example, say Eric isn't busy and is just sitting in his chair at the end of the hallway, he'll ask if you need anything, that's when a menu option pops up with ENTER and BACKSPACE. ENTER will have him follow you, BACKSPACE will cancel the interaction. And when you and your companion find a survivor, they will add some extra dialogue.

NEW 5. Hold-to-aim. Rather than toggling ironsights you also have the option to Hold the designated key.

That's all i got so far.

This are all great ideas. Also, more destructible environments would be better. But that paired with that kind of gore at the same time might be very heavy on some PCs though, because of how source engine works ;(

Destructible environments will make combat more dynamic and satisfying, while gore will make you feel like badass and revenge will be even better. Seriously, those motherfuckers with shotguns do a lot of damage