Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tomeron

Portal:TFV Highscores ! (Speedruns)

12 posts in this topic

EDITED OCTOBER 18TH 2007 - This is now a sort of "hall of fame" of speedrunners :P

Hey guys, post videos of your best speedruns.

What is a speed run? Here's what Wikipedia said!

A speedrun (IPA: /ˈspiːdˌɹʌn/) is a play-through of a computer or video game, created with the intent of completing it as quickly as possible...In order to attain the highest possible quality of play in a speedrun, the author usually has to look at and think about the game differently than most casual gamers would...the ability to disjunct the common sequence of events in a game and thus skip entire parts of it, or sequence breaking; and the ability to use programming errors, or glitches, to one's advantage...

Rules:

1)You CAN use glitches and shortcuts. So don't say something like "HEY! HE CHEATEDDDD!", it's totally cool, that's the point about Speedruns. WALKING THRU WALLS IS ILLEGAL. IT CAN HELP YOU PASS LEVELS IN 5 SECONDS. Do not do that I won't count your time. If you accidently go thru a wall, type kill in console and start the level over XD

2)Using the Console isn't legal in speedruns, because that way you can skip levels, change gravity, etc, so don't even think about it or I won't count your time.

3)When I say "Levels 1-10" I mean INCLUDING level 10. If you'll reach level 10 and STOP, I won't count your highscore! :)

Anyways... here are the highscores! :) (Only Tophillious now, he's the only one who made a video XD) (Click on a name to view the speedrun)

.:Levels 1-10:.

1.Tomeron: 01:03

2.Tophillious: 01:13

.:Levels 1-20:.

.:Levels 1-30:.

.:Levels 1-40:.

Good luck to everyone :)

Tomeron.

@Tophillious, wich tool did you use to record?

@all, does anyone know a tool wich works like a stop watch? it sucks to look at my watch :P

?: found one http://www.freewaref...9_94_20830.html

plz make this one sticky, making speedruns was the first thing that came to my mind while playing. it's made for speedruns =)

lvl 01-10 : 1:42

lvl 11-20 : 2:12 (died 2 times)

lvl 01-40 : 30:9.812 (some major screwups included :/)

the next one witch camtasia :P

I finished the whole game in about 15 minutes, Yes, after you play it for half an year and know every level that you draw yourself you can finish a level in half a minute.

gogo show your skills =)

for me there are always the same spots/levels that i screw up but with a goal like a speed run it makes much more fun practicing^^

Good job guys :)

Maybe I'll edit the first post with a highscore list - that way if you'll be the fastest, everyone will know it :P (only if you have a video of proof, of course).

And DantE, I use HyperCam 2 for my video walkthroughs, it's a great program :)

Good job dude!

You're getting close to me :o

I'm going to edit the first post, make it into "Portal Highscores", and everyone who has a PROOF VIDEO of him playing certain levels would be in it! :)

I guess that makes you first place Tophillious, lol, and I guess that means I'm gonna have to do a Speed Run, to kick you out of first place :P