Ido

What would you do with the Portal Gun in real life?

242 posts in this topic

I thought it would be funny to ask you guys - what would you do with the ASHPD (Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device, the 'Portal Gun') in real life?

I would be fascinated by launching one in the middle of a pool/the ocean and another one in the middle of my school. It could entertain me for a while.

:)

Hahha.. Put it in the Teacher's Lounge :P

Hmm... I think I'm gonna fight against crime, make the world a better place, and feed starving kids in Africa.

Nah. :wink:

Tophillious said:

I would put one directly over my toilet, and another on my computer chair. No more would I have to take breaks between online FPS matches. :rofl:

Lmao XD - slight problem when you fall into the toilet, though!

I'd use it to break into the secret WCS cave, take Ido and Hen7 hostage and lock them in my basement until a portal level creator was released :o

I'd have to have one from my computer to the fridge.

One by my front door, to save me running downstairs every time someone knocks.

I also think a shortcut to college is in order...

Hen7 said:

Probably something sick.

Most likely the same here.
That or just play around and experiment with different things. Probably with horrible results for both me and the universe.
Oh and space travel as someone mentioned doesn't sound to bad.
It's so hard to slim down the list of things to do with something so fun.

make portals duh. lol probably one from school and home as stated previously, would make travel time alot shorter. Or I would put it in another state so i could travel with ease!

Multiple uses (will continue to be edited as I think of them :D):

Thievery (A) in your basement (or any safe hiding place), (B) inside a bank safe/storeroom/classroom/game dev's room/bedroom/...you get the idea!

Transportalation Of course, (A) at home, (B) wherever you wanna go. For me it's work (no more walking!), my roomie's job, and the store. I mean c'mon! ASHPD = end to gas dependency!

A Job Aside from probably needing a top-notch security system and constant run from the government (if we don't count this), you could make some serious money from this thing! You could, quite possibly, put UPS and FedEx out of business, just by charging cheaper prices to get things there NOW! Or do a mover's service. I know everyone hates lugging that freaking couch out the door (when the darn thing doesn't wanna go through!), so now instead of hurting yourself, you could drop (A) under the couch, and (B) in the other house! No strain! How about a taxi/bus/airplane service? Hate heights? Get from New York to Tokyo in less than 5 seconds!

Leisure You can get into your favorite sports games with this thing! Don't miss that Backstreet Losers and N'Trash concert! With this you could play a game of tennis or ping pong against yourself! How 'bout not having to run after that basketball when it decides to bounce across the street? Do anything with your portals! Even stay in the Bahamas indefinitely!

Spying As has already been mentioned, you can see a lot of things you wouldn't be able to w/o these portals. Who wants to see in the shower?! No more use for Skinamax!

Justice/Revenge Wanna be a real hero? (A) goes to an empty jail cell and (B) goes under the evildoer! Portal Man ports in again to save the day! Or maybe your tired of the one who's starting gossip about everyone? Send them on a nice vacation...to the South Pole!

Again, I'm gonna edit this when I get more ideas...but as you can tell, THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!!!

...Um...you have to go to the places to place the portal first.

Still taking gas.

And there can be olny 2 portals at a time.

I would put one in the back of my tiny locker and the other beside my chair so I can miss P.E. whenever I want! :rofl:

Or history since my teachers is extremely strict with 10x the school rules as 'Her own limitations' :mad:

I HATE HER!!! :tongue::Arr:

Humor: I would generate one on one wall, and the other behind someone standing still. Place arm through, give wedgie, pull out arm, close portal(s). They would never know who did it.

Laziness 1: One on the back of the fridge, other by the side of the computer (There's a wall there. Duh). Simply stick arm through, grab cold soda, open, drink. Same with food. Though I'd need to cook it...

Laziness 2: One on the floor, another slightly away from the toilet, but on the ceiling. Trajectory = pee in the hole. No more needing to get up. (Yeah, I know someone said it already).

Love: One by a wall of my house (inside or outside), other at my girlfriend's house (Maybe in her room :cheese: ).

Travel: Either one in an airplane (concealed), or in another country (also concealed), and one near or at my house. No more need to use an airplane.

Revenge: Remember in the trailer, the double hole trick which builds up vertical momentum? (The one with the turret bouncing up and down and continuing to fire) Well that, but on the floor of some jackass's floor by his/her bed, and one on the pavement of oncoming traffic. Imagine seeing a semi truck coming at you the minute you wake up, but then appearing back in your room. Boy would they be buying alot of underwear. :cheese:

Revenge 2: Imagine waking someone who made you mad with a nice cold shower...But we aren't talking a few drops or even a bucket full. No, try more of an entire pool, or the sea flooding into their room. Simply one on the bottom of the sea floor, or a pool floor, and one on their wall, just above their bed.

Epinephrine (Adrenaline) Junkie: Imagine the fun of basejumping...But instead of 1,000 feet, try 100,000 feet. Basically you could have on on the bottom of a cliff, and one at the starting point. Then simply either try being Superman, and go flying up till you fall back through the portal, or move yourself slightly and get your trajectory to fall back through the portal, and create an infinite circle effect.

ok, i think a great way to use the portal gun is to place one of them somewhere and the other one somewhere else and walk through them :D but somewhat seriously I would do the indefinate fall thing, its like a windtunnel that skydivers use, but way cheaper. another great use is for those pesky stairs, one at the bottom one at the top and tadaa! no problamo!

hehe taking the other guys idea, put one in your room, then put one in a store or something, like walmart, then just take all the stuff you want.

another use for me is to put one in fort wayne indiana (without driving there) and one in my room, so i could move in with my fiancee instantly. she just moved there so :(.

another use would be to put one either backstage (by aiming there) or on the stage at a concert, then one outside, so i dont have to pay for tickets lol.