Ido

What would you do with the Portal Gun in real life?

242 posts in this topic

Well, I think I proved myself mod-worthy.

Except for this last post, ignore this one please :P

(No, I don't really think I should be a mod, but sure if you wanna)

More mods wouldn't stop bots, simply deleting posts whilst improves the forums in the short term just delays searching for a long term solution.

We need a way to stop bots registering - something only a real person could pass.

Good idea, but I don't think forcing people to wait that long loading if they never did it yet (I don't want to imagine how boring it would be in the slowest connection that exists today :P), but a good idea overall.

How about we fucking email those moron idiots who send their bots here and tell them to FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Yeah I don't think that would work.

My suggestion was a simple question on registration (e.g. "What is 5 + 4?") and if they get it wrongwrite nothing there, they can't register. That way the only way bots would be able to register is if for some strange reason someone is designing them specifically for WCS forums.

Oh, I dunno. I registered like 6 months back.

Hmm, these bots are great at navigating forms - why the fuck can't Google Toolbar's autofill enter my postcode then...

Anyway, we're really running short of answers for bots...

I don't does that make me a bot?

jordin said:

Yes really nice discussion is going here.Thanks to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop complaining and BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! him

RobertM31 said:

In the 3-D game (which is AWESOME!) at the end, there is portal malfunction. How would be achived in real life? :huh?:

simple, if the portal gun malfunctions, backfires, etc etc, the sudden breakage of the portal gun would cause the portals to go everywhere, but if you remember in ptfvtmp, the portals didn't fully appear.

Oh. How does that make any sense?

I have never met anyone who actually uses ICQ, and for some unknown reason, most bots have an ICQ number. Don't ask why. It's just the way the interwebz works... 8)

Yeah, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying because you haven't met them doesn't mean they don't exist. Half my class uses ICQ, my sister sometime uses ICQ...

No one actually puts them in forums, but you never know.