Ido

What would you do with the Portal Gun in real life?

242 posts in this topic

I know I would probably modify it so that I can create more then 2 portals like a blue to yellow and a purple to green and an orange to red. Or possibly just have it fire 1 blue one that can connect to more then 1 yellow portal like from my house to my friends house and stuff. Or just mess around with it I'd have to be careful not to get stuck in the infinite loop though because I might start going down so fast that my limbs rip off. Either that or I could just put the portal at the top somewhere on the ground so that I would stop falling.

You know there are a lot of dangers with the portal gun.

Riiiiight... Welcome to the forums?

would it be better if there was a way to say or type (you get the idea) where you want go for automatic and another mode you do manually ( you put where you want)? :huh:

Eh, well it would be very hard to develop, when the Portal Gun is already made. ::'

It would be better, but it's just not that way.

I wouldn't like to fire a portal anywhere outside earth, (or anywhere with Earth's atmosphere) for fear of all the air rushing to occupy the new space.

Also, seeing as air has some weight, wouldn't an infiniteloop portal setup create a bit of wind (if they were close enough together) since the air's pushing itself or something...? (thoughts from 4:40AM)

I'd also fire two next to eachother on the ground, and carefully climb into one. After quite a while of bobbing about, I'd be floating.

Come to thing of it, that'd be pretty cool to do on a ceiling, too... Mind you, major headrush.

At the top and bottom of stairs, (somehow) and bam, infinite slinky machine.

On either side of a window, for thoroughly useless reasons.

One in the north/south pole and one on the inside cover of my PC, for real "Arctic cooling" *Badum-tssss*.

I'd also do the floating trick with some water. That'd be interesting to see. Floating puddle. Woo.

A hidden one under someone's bed, and it's partner in my room, so I can fart through it.

The obvious ones, that've already been mentioned. One in fuckbuddy's room, one in mine, one outside the fridge, etc.

still don't get it but w/e :

Slinky = spring that falls down stairs.

Escalator = moving stair case.

You push a slinky down an upward escalator and it would never stop going.

oh. Well those things usually fail anyways :D

If i had a portal gun I would shoot one in my house, and then shoot one where ever I go so I can get home faster. As for my car i'd use the money I get for showing off the portal gun to by a new car every time I go somewhere.:proud:

TheNoiseExplosion said:

I'd use the money I get for showing off the portal gun to by a new car every time I go somewhere.:proud:
Ignoring the "by" not being "buy", you would buy a new car EVERY TIME YOU GO SOMEWHERE?!?!