citricsquid

Might want to upgrade your hosting :)

12 posts in this topic

citricsquid said:

the amount of people visiting the forums and playing portal is raping your site

Nicely put, nicely put...

I've been getting this recently...

"Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at forums.wecreatestuff.com Port 80"

Related?

You are right. I did upgrade it, but it seems like it still... sucks. I'm doing some stuff about it right now, the thing is, if I actually move a hosting it will take a couple of days and I'm not sure if it will still be relevant, plus it will disable the forum for a couple of hours.

I have a PayPal account for We Create Stuff, but we cannot take donations and have ads in the same time. The ads can keep this website running, but it seems like 100 connections at the same time is not enough and I should upgrade it or find a better server.

Feel free to suggest us a new host, but the problem is, once again, if we move a hosting it may make some trouble, it's a lot to mess around with.

For now I will upgrade the connections to the max we can get on the current hosting plan, and I hope it will hold us.

Foamy said:

When Portal wears off the site usage will be underused though.

For that price they can risk it, especially with the code. It comes to about $30 for the year, i bet thats a fraction of what they're paying now :)

Also, portals score is still rising on NG, that never happens, therefore this game aint' gonna die quickly.