Foamy

The glitch thread.

90 posts in this topic

I found a glitch.

When you dance before coming out on level 11 you don't get crushed.

You die if you jump.

Unless you jump at the very end.

You can't win with out cheating but still a glitch.

I have a pic but photobucket is giving me trouble.

I'll post that later.

Umm i was going throught the game a second time, and somehow i skipped the whole credits and last level, and got put in the first, only it kept pushing me right.... yeah its realy wierd

There's a glitch in the design of the site that is rather frustrating. There is a link that floats behind the swf file, and if you click that area, you go to that page and the game is lost. It's especially a problem in level nine, where the portal target area overlaps the link area.

overlap.gif

It could be because I'm on a Mac and the site was not tested with that configuration. Still, I'm using the latest Firefox build. So who knows.

guitarlesson said:

There's a glitch in the design of the site that is rather frustrating. There is a link that floats behind the swf file, and if you click that area, you go to that page and the game is lost. It's especially a problem in level nine, where the portal target area overlaps the link area.

overlap.gif

It could be because I'm on a Mac and the site was not tested with that configuration. Still, I'm using the latest Firefox build. So who knows.

Thank you, we'll look into that.

My problem is similar to guitarlesson's, though not exactly a glitch; often, when firing portals at the bottom of the screen, I kept accidentally clicking your google ads. I eventually resorted to blocking them completely. I suggest you move the ads down, or at least make them default to opening in a new window/tab.

Master Hector said:

My problem is similar to guitarlesson's, though not exactly a glitch; often, when firing portals at the bottom of the screen, I kept accidentally clicking your google ads. I eventually resorted to blocking them completely. I suggest you move the ads down, or at least make them default to opening in a new window/tab.

If you're using Firefox you can set links to auto open in another tab. I don't know about IE.

I moved the ads down a little bit and removed our logo, there's already a link to us below the flash.

I've managed to create backwards portal on level 32. The exit to it is facing into the wall so you end up outside the level where you either die or you come out of the level entrance if you can maneuver it. Here is a pic:

backwardsportalyx5.jpg

I got the same problem as Xharock.

portal2sq8.jpg

I didn't bother trying to go in since last time I tried that I either got sent back to the entrance or died.

Also, glitch done in level 38 using createbox:

portal1no3.jpg

Created box under open door, closed door, box teleported over to the top of the door. Even if I opened the door again, it wouldn't come down.

EDIT: Again in level 39.

portal3dz9.jpg

Sorry if this has been posted before:

glitchty1.png

I gots locked out :(

And it's probably not a glitch, but to the left, if you put a turret on the energy ball, it'll bounce up and down. Entertaining :P

I found something strange, and i can't actually say if it's a glitch or an easter egg. I was clicking randomly on the main menu, and then a black screen appeared with the words "Level -1 completed." Like when you finish a level. Then i appeared in a square, empty room, with the sign which says the level number, but instead of a number, it had a "?" sign. In the wall it says, on a nearly transparent color, "ZOMGOWNED".

Now that i come to think at it, it can't be a glitch. Is this a test room, or something? It's quite funny, even looks like a "sandbox" level.

Natanael_L said:

Tophillious said:

I gots locked out :(

?.?

How did you do that!?

I just had a portal on the left side of the screen and used another portal to go through to it.

I found a couple glitches just now. First on level 38, while trying to lift a box into a portal, the box got moved to the other side of the wall... not where it was supposed to go, and I couldn't get it back either. Then on level 39, if I tried jumping through the exit it took me back to the entrance. Probably happens on other levels, but I first noticed it there.

Lvl 38

i was being lazy and found a way to completely skip the top half of level 38 without the console:

ptfvg1.jpg

aim well enough and this is easier than level 1

First, I'd llike to say how awesome this game is.

Ok, flattery out of the way. I played with the gravity, set to 20 something just for fun. Naturally, I jump to test out his jump strength. He approaches the ceiling, and when he touches it... The web browser freezes. I tested with a few other settings, such as 75 and 50, but so far it only happend at 20 or lower. Please explain!

Sorry, no photo. Photobucket doesn't support jpeg, gif, or tiff (or so it says now o_O?)

I did this glitch as well (it's in version 1.1.1)

Popo said:

Lvl 38

i was being lazy and found a way to completely skip the top half of level 38 without the console:

ptfvg1.jpg

aim well enough and this is easier than level 1

There's also a way to skip just about all of level 13... if you do it right.

People always seem to complain about how you don't have enough time to get through that giant electric field, but I've never set foot anywhere between the field.

If you aim just right on the wall, you can step out onto the empty space in front of the wall portal and shoot a portal on the floor in front of the entrance.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!