Ido

November games?

9 posts in this topic

I found it strange that nobody around here said anything about end of October and November titles.

I'm talking about the following titles:

The Witcher

Hellgate: London

Call of Duty 4

Gears of War

Blacksite: Area 51

Unreal Tournament 3

Assassin's Creed (delayed for the PC though :mad: )

Crysis

It's a hell of a month!

Since I live in the other side of the world none of the games got here yet, they will probably have a week delay or so from the European release date.

I really wanted to have Assassin's Creed this month, but since it was delayed for the pc, currently I'm waiting for Gears of War the most. I don't own a 360 so I never got to play the original, and as I understand the PC version is much more than a port. Plus, its world editor looks awesome.

Well? Any other 'hyped' gamers on here?

Hen7 said:

Lucky for me that I'm getting a new comp :)

Yea, because to play Crysis at even the most humble settings; you'll pretty much need to have hardware which is no more than a year old.

As for most other games Ido listed up there, I think you get more bang for your buck by just buying a 360, and playing those titles on the console.

Actually, you could probably buy two 360's, and that would still be significantly less than all the money you would need to spend on the necessary PC hardware.

Although, if you are a developer, a PC would be worth the money, because mod tools and programmer assets are usually found in the PC domain, rather than the console world.

And man......the Crysis world editor is just........well it's insane. I don't know if you guys looked at the GDC videos, but the tools are beyond amazing.

almost a month later:

I can say that GoW was OK but I expected more, it STILL felt like a cheap port. One thing they failed at is that Live thingy - it kept logging me out and fail downloading the updates while I'm completely legal. I simply logged out and never counted the achievements.

In the other Hand Crysis is amazing, COD4 is also great, and Hellgate delivered what I expected from it. UT3 is on its way.

Phew.

The Witcher

Did'nt look interesting enough to even look at.

Hellgate: London

Bad reviews, randomly genarated levels, not Diablo 3.

Call of Duty 4

Nothing bad to really say about it.

Gears of War

The PC version is plagued with errors and other flaws, not good eough now that Halo 3 came out.

Blacksite: Area 51

Mediocre rental game.

Unreal Tournament 3

You can get your shooter needs elsewhere.

Assassin's Creed

Twist sucks, to much bad stuff that the good stuff is overlooked.

Crysis

Constant system tweaking sucks ass...with a straw.

I played Assassins Creed for a couple hours and it was terrible. The idea and premise of it was good, but the gameplay mechanics were all wrong. Eavesdropping is literally walking to a bench and pressing "Y" to listen in on a conversation. If you walk by a guard they automatically recognize you. The graphics were impressive but that was to be expected. The only real positive mark was the fluidity of the running/jumping combinations along with fighting (which also sucked).