killer911pt

Portal:TFV For Wii

18 posts in this topic

I have tested it and it seems it would work! it loads to 100% but the box animation dosent appear and the play button wont appear either also the size is a bid dodgy but i think it could be possible

i think you should try and optimize portal to play on the wii as well

EJMH said:

What can you actually press on the Wii? I mean to play portal, you need WASD, Q, E, R and mouse. How is it done with the Wii, on-screen keyboard?
Directional buttons to move, Wii remote to aim, A for yellow portal, B for blue portal, and 1 to get rid of the portals.
Elementary, my friend EJMH.

Call me Ethan. And I wasn't questioning the number of buttons as much how you would go about pressing them (i.e how does the Wii know A = Q or whatever? Is there an assignment system?). Anyway, I think it's a nice idea although I'm yet to see a Wii online. I was quite interested in a PSP version but that's way out of bounds considering the PSP web browserflash version.

If the Wii allows it all to happen and it's possible to detect these controls, all I require is a Wii and some time. I think I'll be getting a Wii in January, so perhaps then.

I think the cool thing about it will be the fact that Portal will then be available for all three consoles :) (Let's hope Valve won't sue us for that though)

Ido said:

(Let's hope Valve won't sue us for that though)

Have you heard anything from Valve at any point about this? You credit them lots, and if anything it has increased sales. I've never played the actual portal but after playing this I would love to if my computer wasn't a piece of crap.

Ido said:

(Let's hope Valve won't sue us for that though)

EJMH said:

Have you heard anything from Valve at any point about this? You credit them lots, and if anything it has increased sales. I've never played the actual portal but after playing this I would love to if my computer wasn't a piece of crap.

Yeah, I mean I didn't really think about getting Portal but then I played this. So if anything they can't sue. If they do lets petition against it.

VALVE knows about our game, I talked with one of the programmer of the real portal and he said that they all played it, I don't know if they liked the idea of us using their idea but still we're not selling the game and it's more then a tribute for them and their awesome game.

And yes, there is no way we effected on the real portal selling, and if yes, only for good.

We

I'm quite certain Valve does not have any plans for the Wii, but once again, the consoles are Valve's field. It's the same reason we aren't releasing an official offline version for the PC.

Once again please don't count on what I said on Jan, because it's not for sure. I just hope it is.

Portal Flash Version is made for flash player 8 +9, I'm sure exactly, but WII can only handle the one below it, that's why some components don't show. You'd have to fix that...

is there any way to update the wii flash player? in one place I go every 4 weeks they have one. I just bought an SD card for it. also I know you can play movies on the wii, but which format should they have?