Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hexpunK

NH: the remake

15 posts in this topic

Do I really need to have CS:Source installed to run this or does it just improve reliabilty, or is it a texture thing? :huy:

Well my friend had the CS gcfs and he extract them in the mod folder and it worked, but it's a messy thing to do.

Im sure if you look around the internet you can get GCFScape, some CS:S gcfs' and then work that magic, that very complex magic that is. I might have a go if I could find them

Just telling, NH2 won't required CSS anymore, Only HL2 episode 2 (HDR, dynamic shadows, particle systems and more of the new stuff), with that I'll release a new version of the remake that doesn't require CSS too.

Until now almost everyone who owned HL2 had CSS too but now with the new Orange box a lot of people bought it don't have CSS.

Answer one question: What's so hard about pre-loading? And why is there no pre-load button for every game in the store?!?! What if I want to buy something next week, cause only then I will get the money, but I want to start playing right away, huh?!?! And what if I wouldn't have CS:S but wanted to play NH:R, HUH?!?!?!

:P

Hen7 said:

Just telling, NH2 won't required CSS anymore, Only HL2 episode 2 (HDR, dynamic shadows, particle systems and more of the new stuff), with that I'll release a new version of the remake that doesn't require CSS too.
Until now almost everyone who owned HL2 had CSS too but now with the new Orange box a lot of people bought it don't have CSS.

Thank you, I will now bow down to you, I will now be able to leave more brown marks, how scary is it or will it be?

NeatNit said:

Answer one question: What's so hard about pre-loading? And why is there no pre-load button for every game in the store?!?! What if I want to buy something next week, cause only then I will get the money, but I want to start playing right away, huh?!?! And what if I wouldn't have CS:S but wanted to play NH:R, HUH?!?!?!
:P

Preloading is valves way of making you want to but the game, if they give you all the files for it but you cant do anything at all with them then you will want to buy it to use it, plus it cuts out downloading it later. They only do it with big releases and if you get a demo pack such as Portal: The first slice.

What's portal the first slice?

Ya, as far as I could see(before I got the full game) the onle diffrences were the inability to load any levels except the first 10 chambers and title screen, as well as the removal of a few menu options that would be useless anyway because of it.

Practically all the cheats worked that I tried(except that level changine one)