daraven

tfv levels in real portal (released!)

304 posts in this topic

you have to unsticky some of the stickies... there are too many! what do we need the level help for, if we have videos?

Sticky'd.

Neat-Nit said:

you have to unsticky some of the stickies... there are too many! what do we need the level help for, if we have videos?

You are correct. The only one I found right to unsticky was the one you mentioned. That thread can still be active if text help is needed. It's still crowded, but I found the rest important.

Neat-Nit said:

you have a point there.

What about the Project Info? I mean, it's not a project anymore, people don't really need it... And if you really want people to see that thread, just put a link to it in the next update, but please unsticky

Hen7 said:

TESTER NEEDED
The map is not done but I need someone to check the progress so far.
Requirements:
Someone I could trust.
Portal for the PC of course.
Half life 2.
General knowledge and understanding of how to play portal, Using tricks and advanced stuff.
Knowledge of how to use and play custom maps.
Finding bugs, glitches, ways to cheat the map (get yourself trapped etc), tell me if the map is too hard/easy.
Making a list of the stuff above.
A BRAIN.

Note, I'm not sending you the map just for you to play it, I need someone who can really beta test it, I could just sent it to my friends if I wanted to.

PS, This is a WIP, Don't show it to anyone else.

PM me or post here If you want to participant.

I'm gonna get Orange Box for PC after vacation, which is in about 5 hours, so I could if noone is up...

But you have to wait LITERALLY 5 hours... or more... Sorry.

PS my machine is kinda bad, but it can run portal decently... I hope...
:)

I can run portal with 10-15 FPS normally, and about 5 while looking through a portal, can I test too? :D

Barrowsx said:

Hen7 said:

TESTER NEEDED
The map is not done but I need someone to check the progress so far.
Requirements:
Someone I could trust.
Portal for the PC of course.
Half life 2.
General knowledge and understanding of how to play portal, Using tricks and advanced stuff.
Knowledge of how to use and play custom maps.
Finding bugs, glitches, ways to cheat the map (get yourself trapped etc), tell me if the map is too hard/easy.
Making a list of the stuff above.
A BRAIN.

Note, I'm not sending you the map just for you to play it, I need someone who can really beta test it, I could just sent it to my friends if I wanted to.

PS, This is a WIP, Don't show it to anyone else.

PM me or post here If you want to participant.

I'm gonna get Orange Box for PC after vacation, which is in about 5 hours, so I could if noone is up...

But you have to wait LITERALLY 5 hours... or more... Sorry.

PS my machine is kinda bad, but it can run portal decently... I hope...
:)

Sorry I don't need testers right now.
And Neat-Nit, I had enough with your testing back with NH.
Anyway just for the fun, I've finished level 31:

Hey, the problem is fixed. Now I have a new one. Not enough OS Paged Pool memory. And I HATE the pool!!! :P

In short, it works fine as long as I don't see some huge explosions and such. I played GMod just 2 days ago and tried some NPC fights, and it didn't crash once, even though it was very laggy... Hey, what do you expect, I had that open cargo thing filled with those round things... how are they called... the things that Alyx makes good in EP1... ahh forget it, I can run it, that's just my point. The only think that can bother me is that annoying 'Warning: Low OS Paged Pool' or something like that in the top-right corner of my screen.

Neat-Nit said:

Hey, the problem is fixed. Now I have a new one. Not enough OS Paged Pool memory. And I HATE the pool!!! :P

In short, it works fine as long as I don't see some huge explosions and such. I played GMod just 2 days ago and tried some NPC fights, and it didn't crash once, even though it was very laggy... Hey, what do you expect, I had that open cargo thing filled with those round things... how are they called... the things that Alyx makes good in EP1... ahh forget it, I can run it, that's just my point. The only think that can bother me is that annoying 'Warning: Low OS Paged Pool' or something like that in the top-right corner of my screen.

There is a fix for that in the steam forum, It had it too with my old computer, I stopped when I got more RAM.

Do that:
https://support.stea...ered.com/kb_art ... -EIPV-6426

Neat-Nit said:

I had that open cargo thing filled with those round things... how are they called... the things that Alyx makes good in EP1

They are called rollermines, And why was a cargo thing full of them anyways?

1) I didn't enter the link, but if the fix is about downloading that program and closing other programs, then forget it, it doesn't help.

2) I knew they were called rollermines, I just couldn't remember.

3) I filled it with them for some NPC action :D.

I was thinking, instead of just releasing it as a map pack, you could easily convert it to a mod, give it a new VGUI (menu, crosshairs ect.), this way you could easily put a level select ni and possibly be the first full portal mod.

I've allways wanted to try VGUI programming, maybe I can show you what I mean if I can learn how to do it properly.

EDIT: Ok, I've looked at the VGUI stuff on the official valve developer wiki, and now Im scared to even go near coding :umm:.

NeatNit said:

1) I didn't enter the link, but if the fix is about downloading that program and closing other programs, then forget it, it doesn't help.
2) I knew they were called rollermines, I just couldn't remember.
3) I filled it with them for some NPC action :D.

heh heh heh, stupid NPC would probably have tried to eat them :wink2:

Qwertyuiopas said:

Five words:
WHEN DOES IT COME OUT?

Pretty soon I think, sometime I can't work on it for days but then I'm getting a huge muse and finishing like 5 test chambers in a day.
There are 7 test chambers left, and then a little bonus that I'm adding, Overall I think it will take about month or even less, but don't take my words on that.

hexpunK said:

Is that one level made up from all the other levels, or will it be split up?

Thats 3 maps (I glued them together) every one of them have about 10 or so test chambers.

Nice job :ayeaye: personally I didn't even realize that OB came with a level editor...I should have assumed it, most games do.

When these maps come out, I''ll download if I'm ever on my supercomp (I'm on mah laptop that has a whopping 6 gigabites of memory total! -_-)

One word-like-thing: Pwnage.

(introduce the gman!!!)

EDIT: I can also play portal with about 47 fps with hdr and max model and texture detail...but I'm grounded from said supercomputer. so maybe when I'm not I could beta test, cause I know how to kill a game violently...don't ask what I did to hl2...*cough*I went black mesa on their asses*cough*

Woah, Hen. You sure did manage to keep the difficulty in the 3d version as well. You guys are going to love it.