daraven

tfv levels in real portal (released!)

304 posts in this topic

A week I think, I've actually finished all of the 40 levels, Now I'm working on the final cake room, some bugs fixing and a small bonus.

Hey hen, I have another small question (sorry im so annoying!)

Can you please film the part when you escape from the giant Zapper and show it off? Sorry, i just wanna see how it looks... :sad:

These maps are a MUST HAVE for any portal fan! Seriously! If you have portal, you should be required to download these maps! And if you don't...well...death by chocolate cake. HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAH!!

As for a name for the map pack.

"Portal: The Flash version: The Portal version"

Abbreviated

P:TFV:TPV

I mean, how can you not like that name?

I thought we all agreed on PTFVMPFP! :mad:

(Portal the Flash Version MapPack for Portal)

The best name.

Also look in the past 2 pages, there should be a post (by me) with a better name that I can't remember right now.

Hen7 said:

YOU WIN A HUG! NOW COME ON YOU.

since we are in different countries

the hug is a lie!

NeatNit said:

I thought we all agreed on PTFVMPFP! :mad:
(Portal the Flash Version MapPack for Portal)

The best name.

Also look in the past 2 pages, there should be a post (by me) with a better name that I can't remember right now.

I didnt agree! Its a too long name. How about: Portal: TFV 3D

or how about we just let Hen choose the name.
May the noobs be with you. Huh?!

how about getting out of a room where companion cubes are falling down and if they hit you, you die? or a room full of turrets where you have to infinte loop to survive for the allotted amount of time??

Hen7 said:

I need some BTS challenge ideas guys,
Shoot.

Make a place with a window where you can see how andriods are being built. When you get inside that place (somehow) GLaDOS says: "Your not a good person, you know that, right? Good people, don't end up here."

Keep going. Then you reach to a door where turrets are finished.

GLaDOS: "This is your last chance. Im not kidding now, turn back or I will kill you."

You need to go into the tranferation item (or blabla) that moves the turrets into a room which there is a robotic hand which sometimes takes one and places it in a chamber.

GLaDOS: "Im going to kill you, and all the cake is gone. You dont even care, do you?"

After you destroy ALL TURRETS, the hand picks you up into one of the first chambers WHERE THERE ARE TURRETS, or at least one, kill it, then you go on with the chamber and you find out that the finishing door is locked. Near the player, theres a ruined part of the wall which you need to go in.

There are some pipes in there, you'll have to portal across them, then theres a door. You need to go through the door so you get into a hall.

NOW THIS IS ONLY IF THERES A BOSS!
You keep going till the end of the hall till you reach GLaDOS room!
"Well you found me. Congrutulations, was it worth it?" blabla
Then ur free -_-

IF THERES NO BOSS!!!
You just keep going to the end of the hall, open a door with an exit sign above it. Then credits.

-Is this good enough?

Make a place with a window where you can see how andriods are being built. When you get inside that place (somehow) GLaDOS says: "Your not a good person, you know that, right? Good people, don't end up here."

Already doing something very very similar to this.
And about the turrets factory, I'll think about something with it, Thanks.

i'll be able to play it when its released. I got HL2 and Portal today. Seperately because my pc won't run HL2:ep1 and 2 or TF2.

i already tried running ep1, 2 and tf2 it just crashes when the title screen turns up. i might get eo 1 and 2 pack and run the graphics crack on them though.

Hen7 said:

I need some BTS challenge ideas guys,
Shoot.

how about you fall from a platform & land in a spot with a pile of turrets set up to take you down, but GLaDOS is stupid enough to place all of the turrets facing the wrong way! so you just have to take down the turrets to get to the next level

I wish I had a decent comp and portal :(

One day...when I get to University, hopefully in September, I plan on spilling out on a decent laptop.

Hen7 said:

TESTER NEEDED
The map is not done but I need someone to check the progress so far.
Requirements:
Someone I could trust.
Portal for the PC of course.
Half life 2.
General knowledge and understanding of how to play portal, Using tricks and advanced stuff.
Knowledge of how to use and play custom maps.
Finding bugs, glitches, ways to cheat the map (get yourself trapped etc), tell me if the map is too hard/easy.
Making a list of the stuff above.
A BRAIN.

Note, I'm not sending you the map just for you to play it, I need someone who can really beta test it, I could just sent it to my friends if I wanted to.

PS, This is a WIP, Don't show it to anyone else.

PM me or post here If you want to participant.

Woah! Why didnt i read that! I MUST TEST! Trust me. Iv'e finished the whole portal game in 2 hours without cheats. Im also very excited about this release! Participating in the beta testing is still on? If it is, IM IN. Please tell me, and if is still own instantly MP it to me. As much as you know, were both from Israel, so ill recieve it on a comftorable time! (as much as I return the results)