daraven

tfv levels in real portal (released!)

304 posts in this topic

Patacorow said:

Hen7 said:

TESTER NEEDED
The map is not done but I need someone to check the progress so far.
Requirements:
Someone I could trust.
Portal for the PC of course.
Half life 2.
General knowledge and understanding of how to play portal, Using tricks and advanced stuff.
Knowledge of how to use and play custom maps.
Finding bugs, glitches, ways to cheat the map (get yourself trapped etc), tell me if the map is too hard/easy.
Making a list of the stuff above.
A BRAIN.

Note, I'm not sending you the map just for you to play it, I need someone who can really beta test it, I could just sent it to my friends if I wanted to.

PS, This is a WIP, Don't show it to anyone else.

PM me or post here If you want to participant.


Woah! Why didnt i read that! I MUST TEST! Trust me. Iv'e finished the whole portal game in 2 hours without cheats. Im also very excited about this release! Participating in the beta testing is still on? If it is, IM IN. Please tell me, and if is still own instantly MP it to me. As much as you know, were both from Israel, so ill recieve it on a comftorable time! (as much as I return the results)


The map is close to finish, so I'll send you the final release a few days before the the release date to check some final stuff.
I didn't knew you're from Israel too, Nice to have you here. :wink2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey hen, I decided to be useful and support, so i would like to send some "help" :) I thought that maybe you guys needs some GLaDOS speech parts, So I decided to take my source files, seperate an amount of GLaDOS speech parts into subjects, and send. I think these files match, and it will realy help! Right now im uploading the Zip file. It takes 10 mins :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how about a secret room with a picture of the flash version level that you are on (an image of the flash flash version, not the real flash version)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patacorow said:

say darko, why are you always reminding the "edit" button..? :huh:


Rather than posting twice, if you just want to add another linesomething not worthy of another post, just edit it into the previous one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he gets to test, please let me test too! I'll be your 'lame computer performance check' beta tester. You know you need one. Besides, believe me my problems are all fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hen7 said:

Umm sorry to sound evil but whats the point?, I have all of these files.


Awwwww it took me 45 minutes to make. Anyway you don't have to use it. i was just trying to help.

- When is the beta-testing game comin' out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, why do all people here say they have lame computers? Even though my computer ha 10GB left, it has NIVIDIA GeForce 6400. It runs fast. If you think its displaying any helpful information, then its wrong. Just let hen give you the beta and tell him the results.

But im not sure :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say hen, all the FV mappack levels will be actually one big bsp source map format file? in other words, will it be just one file? or serveral map files with loading between? its a problem, cause since theres no elevator at the end of the level and theres only a door, people will actually be able to go back to the previous level, and if its serveral maps, and they go back, the game will crash! If its one map, first, the pack will be VERY heavy, secondly, people will be able to go back from level to level. SO, I suggest that once a player opens the finishing door, he can see through it the bginning of the next level, so it'll look real. After going through it, the door will immdeiatly close, and then there will be a loading part when it loads the rest of the level. Hope that helped.

Im beta testing beore the beta test came out! Just kidding cause it didnt! :Arr:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

daraven said:

RELEASE PLEASE!


Exactly! Hen, your very late!!! And the game is not even beta-tested!!!
EDIT: It has been 8 days since you said a week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patacorow said:

daraven said:

RELEASE PLEASE!


Exactly! Hen, your very late!!! And the game is not even beta-tested!!!
EDIT: It has been 8 days since you said a week


8 days when he said a week as a rough estimate is not very late.
He said roughly.
You're not the one putting weeksmonths of work in to give away, for free, the product so lets stop the complaining.

Edit: Patacorow - why would you PM me for a release date? :eyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ido said:

Haha, I think you're giving the closest impression of a mod here.


It pisses me off what people expect from anyone who offers. "don't bite the hand that feeds you". The expectation to prioritize a map pack over everything...the over use of exclamation marks in the posts..rawr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huur calm down guys, It's close, just working on the boss fight.

Patacorow, The map is about 5 bsp map files, A bms file that makes it show in the menu menu bonus maps, and some models, sounds, and textures.

You can go back only in one map, there are "Air locks" separating each map.

No elevators, I don't like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EJMH said:

Ido said:

Haha, I think you're giving the closest impression of a mod here.


It pisses me off what people expect from anyone who offers. "don't bite the hand that feeds you". The expectation to prioritize a map pack over everything...the over use of exclamation marks in the posts..rawr.


Yeah, your right. Hen is doing the best he can for all of us, so we can't be angry.

~I apoligize~ :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patacorow said:

EJMH said:

Ido said:

Haha, I think you're giving the closest impression of a mod here.


It pisses me off what people expect from anyone who offers. "don't bite the hand that feeds you". The expectation to prioritize a map pack over everything...the over use of exclamation marks in the posts..rawr.


Yeah, your right. Hen is doing the best he can for all of us, so we can't be angry.

~I apoligize~ :sad:


I didn't mean to put you down - but a little empathy goes a long way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emoticons can sometimes give a wrong impression of a mood, since no one can make an emoticon for every single amount of sadness, happiness, angriness and every other 'ness'. So my guess is that he wasn't really that sad :P.

Patacorow said:

Lol, why do all people here say they have lame computers? Even though my computer ha 10GB left, it has NIVIDIA GeForce 6400. It runs fast. If you think its displaying any helpful information, then its wrong. Just let hen give you the beta and tell him the results.
Portal runs at 9 FPS normally, 3 FPS while looking through portals. What do you expect me to say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NeatNit said:

Portal runs at 9 FPS normally, 3 FPS while looking through portals. What do you expect me to say?


Oh ouch. My computer wouldn't even run Portal :ashy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.