Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GhostG45

Ghost Plays: Nightmare House 2

7 posts in this topic

After picking up Nightmare House 2, thanks to ModDB's mod spotlight, I began to consider doing a sort of narrative Let's Play! for Nightmare House, after enjoying the prologue so much. I wanted to do a video series of me playing through the game, acting as if I were the protagonist. (Similarly to video series like Freeman's Mind, rather than normal commentaries that are more third-person rather than first-person narrated.)

I recorded the first nine or so episodes in a single sitting (After fiddling with my recording software and playing through the prologue ten times over.), and I'm working on improving on the parts people have already told me were lacking or not very entertaining. I'm aware of the inane amounts of swearing and some other issues, and I'm hoping that I can resolve this as time goes on. But, truthfully, this game scares the hell out of me and I tend to swear incessantly when I get spooked.

But I hope you guys enjoy it, and this is also sort of my way of thanking We Create Stuff for their hard work and the creation of this amazing mod.

Episode One.

Episode Two.

Episode Three.

Episode Four.

Episode Five.

Episode Six.

I'll update this thread as time goes on and more episodes come out. Please, feel free to give me constructive criticism. I want to improve this series as time goes on and really make it enjoyable for a wider number of people, so all your suggestions and criticism will help. Thank you.

Just lower the Fuck-Factor a bit and it'll be better.

Thanks. Like I said I know there's a lot of swearing, but that's partly because I needed some filler dialogue since I had played through that part and known almost everything that was going to happen, and partly because I legitimately got scared by the parts I didn't expect.

I'm hoping for it get better over time, but thanks for the feedback. Same to you, .exeC

EDIT:

Part two has been uploaded, you can find a link in the OP.

Hey aren't you the guy who made those MW2 mythbuster videos?

Not me directly, but I'm one of the staff members at defendthehouse.com and I work with those guys.

Also, episode three is out, you can find a link to it in the OP.

Episodes four and five are out. The first nine were already recorded, so keep in mind that all suggestions you guys have given me will be incorporated come the tenth episode. (: