Hen7

Ideas needed

580 posts in this topic

Well you should know the answer to that...

Tophillious said:

NO AINT NO COUNTRY I EVER HEARD OF!!

THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN NO!?

At least someone appreciates a bad motherfucker when they see one..

STWOP :mrgreen: : you see something running into a room near a corner with a empty picture on the opposite of the entrance to the room and a window on the dead end near the dor ... you will think what the fuck was that... [as you know humans stupidy they will go into the room without being asked to.] well back to the idea}.... you go into the room and you see a child crying and holding his hands near his face so you cant see the eyes. the child is standing next to a table with a lamp on that lights his way... as soon as you get like 3 yards in the room the dor slams with a loud noise behind you....... the light on the table goes out..... suddenly you see 2 yellow dots looking at you were the child was standing but from to high above the childs position to be the childs eyes..... as the light turns back on quicky... the child is standing right in front of you looking up into your face with blue eyes [or other colors] the lights turns off again just for a split second and the child is still staring at you... but without eyes AND SHOUTING {AHHHHhhhh}.... and you see the eyes of the child on the table light flickers again and the child is gone after some time looking around inside this room you go back to the dor as soon as you open it....... you see the child you just saw in the empty picture in a position like it was slaming against it from the inside, without eyes but something like a big black shadow behind her, like she tried to run away from it, and a sound appearing HELP M as soon as she spelled M you hear a loud cut noise and a axe comes trough the window and quickly backs out of the window into the darkness... than nothing ... silence.....

Best way to create atmospheric fear is to get the player to doubt themselves. Make the player walk down a corridor into a room to get something. When they come back the wall colour has changed.

Or a player passes a dead body lying near a vent. Next time they pass the body is gone leaving nothing but a trail of blood to the vent.

FoXoF said:

Best way to create atmospheric fear is to get the player to doubt themselves. Make the player walk down a corridor into a room to get something. When they come back the wall colour has changed.

Or a player passes a dead body lying near a vent. Next time they pass the body is gone leaving nothing but a trail of blood to the vent.

This is how true scary shit is created, it has to get to your mind, not just to your sense. Having shit pop up every ten seconds is nowhere near as scary as things changing with no apparent reason.

As coder I have noticed a few of the things that Hen asked me to code are rather ominous.

I wont reveal the features he asked for but I can assure NH2 is going to be f*cking scary and not just rely on doom style scares.

Here's a quick idea,

you get to the rescue vehicle, BUT YOU DON'T

Also: You get to the end, only to realize that you went through a dream, and you have to go thru the game AGAIN IN NIGHTMARE MODE.

Just something to piss the player off.

You should start the player off with no weapons, just his fists. When I'm playing a game, its always nice to have atleast a melee weapon. Don't give the player that comfort instead, throw some enemies at them, make them desperetly try to fight them off, fail, and run in fear looking for a means to escape. Also, make a boss like enemy that can't be killed by normal means. It attacks the player multiple times during the game, making them waste ammo in a desperate attempt to stop it before they realize it can't be stopped. Finally, make the player go flashlight less aswell for a while. Darkness is a easy fear to prey on, or atleast make someone very uncomfortable. Make them go through an entire section without light, preferably a long hallway with a light at the end, with short hard to see obstacles along the hall making the player freak out if they get stuck on something and don't realize it. Well, thats all I got, hope they help.

Pirkle91 said:

You should start the player off with no weapons, just his fists. When I'm playing a game, its always nice to have atleast a melee weapon. Don't give the player that comfort instead, throw some enemies at them, make them desperetly try to fight them off, fail, and run in fear looking for a means to escape. Also, make a boss like enemy that can't be killed by normal means. It attacks the player multiple times during the game, making them waste ammo in a desperate attempt to stop it before they realize it can't be stopped. Finally, make the player go flashlight less aswell for a while. Darkness is a easy fear to prey on, or atleast make someone very uncomfortable. Make them go through an entire section without light, preferably a long hallway with a light at the end, with short hard to see obstacles along the hall making the player freak out if they get stuck on something and don't realize it. Well, thats all I got, hope they help.

Hen is a disturbed psychopath in my opinion. The things he wants me to code are just.... evil.

I dont think I'll ever get the balls to play NH2 now I know what he's got in store for us.

disturbed psychopath? try me! i got sick things in my mind i cant express in words and would be to hard to make

STWOP :mrgreen: : basic idea..... have the enemy ghost teleporting a short distance to you each sec and a group of slow zombies that try to attack you... but the ghost ribs the zombies into nothing but shreds while teleporting past them.... blood spilling on all walls and the ghost still teleporting onto your position.... time to run my dear friend.