daraven

tfv levels in real portal (released!)

304 posts in this topic

NeatNit said:

Emoticons can sometimes give a wrong impression of a mood, since no one can make an emoticon for every single amount of sadness, happiness, angriness and every other 'ness'. So my guess is that he wasn't really that sad :P.

Patacorow said:

Lol, why do all people here say they have lame computers? Even though my computer ha 10GB left, it has NIVIDIA GeForce 6400. It runs fast. If you think its displaying any helpful information, then its wrong. Just let hen give you the beta and tell him the results.
Portal runs at 9 FPS normally, 3 FPS while looking through portals. What do you expect me to say?

Before I got the new graphic card i couldnt even look into portals. On the first level of the game, GLaDOS said "The portal will open in 3, 2, 1" And then I heard a portal sound and then my computer crashed...

What FPS did you get before the portal opened?

darko said:

turn the render down to 0 i had to do that unfortunately.

I dont have to do that anymore. Now I have a NIVIDIA GeForce 6400 graphic card with +520 RAM.

But I should have done that when I didnt had that. :D

Working on the final boss, And then going to give it to a few beta testers, Umm lets say a week or two.

You said a week... Oh nevermind.

So, am I in the beta or not?

Aren't you listening?!?! Yes I would!!!

Ok, then, you have nothing to lose. I mean, giving me a link won't do anything since I won't be able to run it, it also won't affect your Internet speed, as you will probably just upload it somewhere else anyway. So you really have nothing to lose.

Oh, and, to the guy under me (late edit) you probably finished the game already...

...right?

Patacorow said:

pretty fast :D but when i looked into a portal (without movin anything) it was something like 3 FPS and when I moved it crashed. :D

i have render set to 1 & the portal gives about 10 fps when i look into it

Serveral things I have to say to hen...

Firstly, can you please post an orgnized list of ALL of the promised beta-testers? Lots of people are asking if they are beta testing or not...

Secondly...................... I always want to help, so Iv'e decided to create a second trailer to the mappack. Other words, I would like to create a trailer, and if I create it now people will be more excited since its coming out in 1-2 weeks, and once they see the trailer, they will be more attracted. Can you please send me serveral maps so I can create it? I don't need them all. I'll record actions and moves on them, add awesome music, speeches and else. Please send some to me, and i'll create the trailer.

On the other hand you don't have to, because maybe people may think its unfair only one person got the maps. Its you decision.

If you don't wanna send me, ill create a trailer after the pack comes out, and I think its the right thing to do :D YOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR CHOICE!!

PS: Please release... :sad:

Create it after I'll send you the pack, it will be soon, And about the list of the testers, So far its:

You, you sound like you're going to do a good job on it, I hope.

darko, who sound good as well.

Dubs, who talked with me via email and already did a great job in the pass, I just hope he's still here.

And another 3 friends of mine.

The rest of you who wanted to participate I'm sorry, Some of you don't fit, or your computer is way too weak, I mean, There is no point for me to hear about your problems if you can't run Portal on more then 5 fps.

One of my friend have a weak computer and he's going to tell me how the map runs on several places but at least his FPS is on what I can call normal and therefor I will be able to know if it's a problem in the map.

You guys will have to wait a week.

Dubs, who talked with me via email and already did a great job in the pass, I just hope he's still here.

I am "still alive".

Hi, I'm new to this place and I'm patacorow's friend XD (hi pata)

I'm a real fan of Portal (I'm the one who made patacorow a fan of Portal! I realy like it), I can help you with your new game, if you want help just ask me.

OZPruduction said:

Hi, I'm new to this place and I'm patacorow's friend XD (hi pata)
I'm a real fan of Portal (I'm the one who made patacorow a fan of Portal! I realy like it), I can help you with your new game, if you want help just ask me.

So were close friends. When did you hurried to sign up? :wink2:

By the way OZ, as much as times iv'e visited you, your computer can barely run the HL2 intro. Its impossible you to beta test... You know that, right? :D

But you know portal well, you can give advices.

Hen, just to inform you, ill remove the crosshair in the trailer so it'll look real! :D

But about the trailer... I have only FRAPS recorder, and its not registered. So i'll have to record Max 30 secs from every chamber. ITs good actually, because the trailer will be with a fast beat. :mrgreen: